What questions do you have about Jesus being the only way?
How do his words impact you?
Many people over the years with so many beliefs and ways of thinking have asked, “How can Jesus be the only way to God?” This has been asked on college campuses, in the business world, and throughout many nations. This is a great question to be asked! When asked, this referral was made to Jesus ‘ sayings recorded by someone who knew him and experienced his words and deeds. This leads to the question, “Who is Jesus?”
Digging Into The Bible
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Discussion & Discovery
- Why would Jesus say, “Not let your hearts be troubled?
- Why would he say this to his disciples?
- When he says, “You believe in God, believe also in me? Who is he equating himself to?
- How can he be preparing a place for us? Where is this place?
- What was Thomas’ question?
- How did Jesus answer it?
- How do you understand this phrase: “NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BY ME?”
Application & Accountability
- What did you discover about Jesus from this author who knew him personally?
- Would you be interested in readying the rest of John and discovering more about who Jesus is?
- When would be a good time to start that reading?
Digging In Deeper
- What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
- How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
- When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
- What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?