Scott shared with me his love for the Lord. He loved being in times of devotion and growing as a follower of Christ. As he saw his growth, he came to me with a question for his future. He wanted to know what was on God’s heart for his life.
“How do I find that out?” was his question. What direction should I go to find out about this?
Digging Into The Bible
Often times in our walk with Christ he leads us to the Father. He says in John 14:6, “He is the way the truth, and the life, and no man can come to the Father but through him.” What does this verse tell you about knowing what is on God’s heart?
“I pray that he would give you a Spirit of wisdom and revelation to know him better.” What can we pray for others and ourselves in knowing the heart of God?
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.
Discussion & Discovery
- What did you discover from these passages about God’s heart?
- What does it mean to have a spirit of wisdom and revelation?
- What do you need to do to have these things that are in God’s heart?
- How do you explain what it means to “open the eyes of my heart?”
- What does he want us to see?
- What is so important about each of these three?
Application & Accountability
- What would be your first step in knowing what is on God’s heart for you?
- What would be some practical steps for you in discerning this?
- When will you put these steps into action?
Digging In Deeper
- What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
- How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
- When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
- What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
Similar Verses In The Bible
List similar verses in the Bible: