Recently, a young man expressed his conviction over attending a movie that showed some undesirable violence. He was deeply troubled that he had watched movies like this. How does a person know he is forgiven? We will discuss the following verses of Scripture and learn how you can help a person become aware of God’s forgiveness. Let’s look at:
Digging Into The Bible
Psalm 103: 8-13:
The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. nor will he harbor his anger forever; 10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. 11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; 12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. 13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
Discussion & Discovery
- What are the things you discover about God in this passage?
- Which of these do you have trouble believing?
- What is it about God that gives you confidence that he will forgive?
- How do you feel when you hear about His great love?
- What does he do with your sins?
- What does the phrase “as far as the East is from the West” mean?
- How do you feel His compassion?
Application & Accountability
- How can this concept affect your thinking?
- What will be the results in your own life as you face this reality of God’s forgiveness?
- When will you take steps to be with God and agree with Him about your forgiveness?
Digging In Deeper
- What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
- How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
- When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
- What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
Similar Verses In The Bible
List similar verses in the Bible: