When I was a young sailor on board a ship, my Navigator leader asked me if I had heard a message by Fulton J. Sheen on “The Hour of Power.” I said no. He invited me to listen to this preacher and I remember his message and some of the quotes.
“He said, did you know that I am not here to entertain you or educate you? I am here so you can experience the power of God.” He then said, “I want you to know that I have power! He paused, then he said,” Do you know why I have power?” He then said, “I have power because every day for the last many years I have spent an hour with God before his throne seeking His face and drawing on the power of God” He then referred to Jesus in Matthew 26:40:
Digging Into The Bible
Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping, couldn’t you watch with me for one hour? He asked Peter.
Discussion & Discovery
- What is the context of this passage?
- How do you think Jesus felt when he found them sleeping instead of praying?
- What did he want for the one hour?
Application & Accountability
- What has been your experience so far in your time with God?
- What are the evidences of His power in your life?
- What would you like to see in the spiritual power meter of your life?
- How would you break down the time with the Lord?
- When would like to get started on your hour with the Lord?
- How will you record your results and words from the Lord?
NOTE: You can go to the Web and look up a website by Dick Eastman on “Hour That Changes the World”. This will give you some resources to strengthen this hour in your life.
Digging In Deeper
- What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
- How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
- When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
- What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
Similar Verses In The Bible
List similar verses in the Bible: