What has been your most meaningful life-to-life relationship?
What made that possible?
What is Man to Man (M2M)? This is an expression representing one person connecting with another person to share their lives and insights with one another. Usually, this means there is a person who has matured further in their spiritual life and has the intent to pass that experience and knowledge of the word of God to the other person. It implies that the other person is open to that relationship and is teachable.
I can remember with my mentor and disciple, Paul Drake, would take time to walk with me and share his daily experience in Christ. He shared his family, his victories, and defeats. He understood the value of Man-to-man relationships. I have treasured the time my wife has received as another woman shared her life with her in a life-to-life way. What scriptures model this and how do I coach this into someone?
Digging Into The Bible
2 Timothy 3:10-16:
10 “You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11 persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness…”
Discussion & Discovery
- What did you discover about the model that Paul provided for Timothy?
- What impressed you as you read the items that Paul refers to that he did with Timothy?
- What is so important about the place of sharing your life?
- How have you experienced life-to-life relationships where someone spent intentional time with you?
- What was the value you gained from such an experience?
Application & Accountability
- If you have not experienced this, what would you like to do in action and prayer?
- What could you do to prepare yourself to provide life-to-life training with someone else?
- When will you get started on this?
Digging Into The Bible (Part 2)
2 Timothy 2:2:
“And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.”
Discussion & Discovery (Part 2)
- What model do you see here?
- What does this verse teach about Paul’s value system?
- How can this affect your values?
- Where do generations fit into the place of life to life or Man to Man?
Application & Accountability (Part 2)
- What would be the first steps you need to take to give your life away in a person-to-person model?
Digging In Deeper
- What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
- How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
- When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
- What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
Similar Verses In The Bible
List similar verses in the Bible: