How are you exercising love in relationships with others?
Where does heart transformation fit into loving well?
A friend shared his disappointment in a relationship that he had trusted for many years. He expressed that he felt like he couldn’t love this person anymore. He felt that he did not have it in him. Yet, he knew he should love more deeply. He expressed, “I WANT TO STRENGTHEN MY HEART FOR GREATER LOVE.” It was suggested for him to look at I John 4:7-11.
Digging Into The Bible
I John 4:7-11:
Dear friends let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
Discussion & Discovery
- Read this passage and meditate on it.
- What are the key concepts about love in this section of scripture?
- If I want to increase my love, what does this passage tell us that needs to happen?
- What did God do to show his love for us?
Application & Accountability
- What can you do to demonstrate and increase your love for God?
- What can you do to demonstrate and increase your love for people?
- Think of some specific people that you want to increase your love for.
- What would be something you could do or say to show them your love?
- When would you do this?
- What would be another step to see this permeate your soul?
Digging In Deeper
- What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
- How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
- When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
- What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
Similar Verses In The Bible
List similar verses in the Bible: