Who or what guides the choices in your life?
What does it mean to live for something greater than yourself?
In the Torah (The first five books of the Bible), we read the story of a man whom God used mightily for himself and to accomplish his will. It took this man 80 years for him to realize that God wants to be first. As this man received the LAW from God on Mt. Sinai, the first Law read,” You shall have no other God before me.” This reflects God’s position that as creator, he is to be first. As God revealed himself in the gospels, he taught his disciples to seek first the Kingdom of God and to follow Jesus. The Centrality of Christ is reflected in that as he was God, then he must be the center of the Universe and in the center of our lives. This is the journey for every person. They will decide whether they will make Christ the center of his life.
In many parts of religion today, Jesus Christ is acknowledged as a man who lived and had nice teachings. Some seek to deny he ever lived but most acknowledged he did live. However, the most critical conviction that is essential in the teaching of the Bible is the deity and centrality of Christ. What Scripture can help us here?
Digging Into The Bible
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Discussion & Discovery
- List all the qualities of Christ you find in this passage.
- Which ones impact you the most?
- How would you use this passage to describe the centrality of Christin all of Creation?
Application & Accountability
- How do you use this passage to strengthen your conviction of who he is?
- How would memorizing this passage help you solidify your thoughts about Jesus?
- When will you take steps to apply this in your life?
- How will you know this is a conviction?
Digging In Deeper
- What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
- How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
- When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
- What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
Similar Verses In The Bible
List similar verses in the Bible: