What was your spiritual upbringing?
When did you choose to accept Christ, and why?
“What is the gospel?” This question haunted the young followers of Christ who attended our small group. He had heard the term for a few years. He remembered his life was going in the wrong direction with his addiction to drugs and alcohol. He remembered crying out for help. He tried different programs for help. Nothing seemed to help until he met someone who had experienced freedom in their life through the message of forgiveness that Jesus proclaimed As he was here on earth. He remembered Jesus’ words, “Repent for the Kingdom of heaven is near. “He then was reminded of Jesus’ words in Matthew 24:14, in which he said, “And this gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” Jesus has provided the way for us to come to God, be forgiven of our sins, and experience the promise and reality of eternal life. We asked him if this sounded like good news. He smiled and said, “That is what I have experienced. We encouraged him with this verse.
Digging Into The Bible
“For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes to the Jew first and then to the Gentile.”
Discussion & Discovery
- How would you explain the gospel of Christ?
- How have you experienced this gospel?
- What does it mean to be ashamed?
- How is the gospel the power of God for salvation?
- What does it mean to the Jew first and to the Gentile?
Application & Accountability
- What do you need to be able to explain how you experienced the gospel message in your life?
- What can you do to explain your story better?
- What in your story demonstrates the power of God?
- How would you explain this good news to someone else?
- Whose responsibility is it to communicate this message of the gospel?
- When will you begin to give this good news away? To whom?
- How will you make this a conviction?
Digging In Deeper
- What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
- How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
- When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
- What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
Similar Verses In The Bible
List similar verses in the Bible: