In what ways do you put Christ first in your life?
What things get in the way?
A young man who was a former marine began to attend church after being away from consistent church attendance and Bible study. He came to the Belong class and learned what the qualities of a disciple were. He was impressed by Jesus’ words: “If you abide in my Word, then you are truly a disciple of mine.” This began to lay the foundation of his conviction about being a man who abides by the word of God. Through his study of the Bible in the Navigator 2-7 series, he began to develop habits of reading the Bible, hearing the word of God and taking notes, studying the Bible, and memorizing scripture. He began to meditate on scripture. The deepening conviction was watered by the verses from Psalm 119, 9-11 by the phrase “Thy Word have I treasured in my heart….”
Digging Into The Bible
“How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your Word. I will seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commandments. I have treasured your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”
Discussion & Discovery
- What progress have you made in treasuring the Word of God in your life?
- Give me a situation where you have lived according to God’s Word?”
- What can you do to treasure God’s word in your heart?
- How will you make progress in this area of your life so that it is a conviction?
- When will you get started, and how will you have accountability?
Application & Accountability
- What steps do I need to take to recognize that I have been crucified with Christ?
- How do we apply “I no longer live?”
- What can you do to make Christ lord over the areas of your life?
- Select an area in which he is not Lord. Explain how you can make him Lord.
- What steps can you take to put him first?
- When will you get started?
- Who will keep you accountable for this decision?
- How will you know this is a conviction?
Digging In Deeper
- What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
- How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
- When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
- What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
Similar Verses In The Bible
List similar verses in the Bible: