Describe your current love for God.
What will help you grow deeper in that love?
Kyle was so excited about the new decision he had made to trust Jesus as his savior. His face beamed with joy! His laughter was contagious. He then shares, “I am so grateful for the love God has shown me by dying for my sins and saving me. How do I show my love for him?” When a man and woman make a commitment in marriage they have usually been working on a process of getting to know one another, trusting the words of each other, and growing in love. The commitment of marriage seals these words, thoughts, feelings actions into a lifetime commitment. In the same way, as we get to know Jesus and grow in our trust we make a commitment to him with our hearts.
Digging Into The Bible
Romans 10:9-10 describes this commitment in which we are promised to be saved. To deepen this commitment and love requires time. Let’s look Psalm 16:1-11 and see how this happens. This Psalm of David shows how he deepens his love and trust.
1 Keep me safe, my God,
for in you I take refuge.
2 I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.”
3 I say of the holy people who are in the land,
“They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
or take up their names on my lips.
5 Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Discussion & Discovery
- What do you feel as you read this Psalm?
- What keywords or phrases stand out to you?
- Where does security fit into this relationship with God?
- What are the action steps that will deepen our relationship with God?
- What will be some of the hindrances to this relationship?
Application & Accountability
- What would be one step you could take to strengthen your commitment?
- How do you go about spending daily time with God?
- How will this deepen your love for God?
- When would you like to get started?
- How can I help?
Digging In Deeper
- What is the most important part of this lesson to you? Explain.
- How do you see applying aspects of this lesson to your life?
- When do you feel would be the best time to make that application?
- What do you hear the Lord speaking to you about this right now?
This is a good place to make sure you have resources for having a daily time with Jesus in your schedule.
See the website HighQuest.info for ideas on daily time to increase your love for God.
Similar Verses In The Bible
List similar verses in the Bible: